WELCOME BACK to our new school year! I hope that you had a restful summer break and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Over the summer holidays, the teachers have been working really hard in preparation for this term and they are excited to be back working with their new classes. The children have settled back in to school life beautifully and are enthusiastic and keen to start their new topics.
NEW TOPICS - Autumn Term 2019
This term the children will be working on the following topics in class:
NURSERY - All about me
RECEPTION - Magnificent me, Festivals and light
YEAR 1 - Toys
YEAR 2 - Stone Age
YEAR 3 - Ancient Egypt
YEAR 4 - Tudors
YEAR 5 - Victorians
YEAR 6 - Rules and Royalty
How you can help your child
Children really enjoy coming home and speaking to you about their day and what they are learning in school. You can help your child at home by giving encouragement and showing appreciation of your child's achievements which will hugely boost their confidence. Family life oftern gets busy but there are ways of being involved in your child's education without feeling overwhelmed.
- Make sure your child gives you any letters that are sent home.
- If you can, check the school website regularly for updates and important news.
- Read with your child whenever you can. It may be for only five minutes when you are busy or maybe for a little bit longer as part of their bedtime routine. Children love to read at bedtime as they feel they are staying up a little longer!
- If you are worried about anything, speak to your child's class teacher.
- Most importantly, make it fun!