- Create a 2 colour pattern using objects/lego bricks/ wooden bricks or anything similar you have at home.
- Make a repeating pattern for your child to continue.
- Encourage them to say the colours as they make the pattern.
- Can they make a pattern for you to continue?
- Hide a pattern from your child, tell them the pattern - can they make it?
- Compare your pattern to the pattern they have created. Can they describe their hidden pattern for you to make?
- If they are quick with 2 colour repeating pattern, make 3, 4 or 5 colour patterns.